BYD has launched its December and full-year 2022 gross sales numbers, and they’re huge. As reported simply yesterday, by means of November, BYD was the #1 automaker globally for plugin car gross sales (by far) and was the #2 automaker for pure EV (BEV) gross sales, solely trailing Tesla. However document month-to-month figures simply got here in but once more for the month of December and pushed BYD to new heights.
General, in 2022, BYD bought 911,140 pure electrical automobiles. Tesla was the primary automaker to surpass 1 million BEV gross sales in a yr, scoring 1.31 million gross sales in 2022, however BYD just isn’t that far behind and can certainly be the second automaker to take action.
all plugin automobiles, which are actually the one automobiles BYD produces, the corporate had 1,863,494 gross sales in 2022. Crunching the numbers, which means 49% of BYD’s 2022 “new power car” (NEV) gross sales had been BEV gross sales.
BYD’s NEV gross sales had been up 209% in 2022, and its BEV gross sales had been up 184%. That’s fairly a yr for BYD!
Within the month of December alone, BYD bought 235,197 plugin automobiles, a brand new month-to-month document for the corporate. That was additionally the 4th month in a row through which BYD bought greater than 200,000 plugin automobiles. In case you multiply the December complete by 12, a crude approach of extrapolating an annual forecast for 2023, you get 2.82 million gross sales. In case you assume 50% are BEV gross sales, you get 1.41 million gross sales — a bit greater than Tesla delivered in 2022.
Naturally, with such robust progress, many older fashions have seen massive progress of their month-to-month gross sales, and new fashions have arrived on the scene in drive. Listed below are highlights from BYD’s varied fashions:
- BYD Track: 22,449 gross sales in January, 70,079 gross sales in December
- BYD Han: 12,780 gross sales in January, 30,043 gross sales in December
- BYD Yuan: 8,596 gross sales in January, 29,468 gross sales in December
- BYD Dolphin: 10,602 gross sales in January, 26,074 gross sales in December
- BYD Qin: 26,542 gross sales in January, 26,206 gross sales in December
- BYD Tang: 9,060 gross sales in January, 20,165 gross sales in December
- BYD Seal: 0 gross sales in January, 15,378 gross sales in December
- BYD Destroyer 05: 0 gross sales in January, 6,107 gross sales in December
- BYD Frigate 07: 0 gross sales in January, 1,805 gross sales in December
Admire CleanTechnica’s originality and cleantech information protection? Think about turning into a CleanTechnica Member, Supporter, Technician, or Ambassador — or a patron on Patreon.
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, wish to promote, or wish to recommend a visitor for our CleanTech Discuss podcast? Contact us right here.